5 Seeds To Rule Them All: Big Nutrition, Tiny Packages
Proper nutrition is something your body really needs and craves!
Unlike a hankering for sweets though, some cravings are not always easy to identify.
Most of the time, when you think you’re craving something sweet or salty, what your body is actually craving is a specific nutrient that it’s lacking.
What if we told you that the five royal seeds could quash most of those pesky cravings by providing you with a wide variety of nutrients?
They are the seed kings, royalty in the land of seeds, each one unique and beneficial in its own way.
Think about it, when planted, every seed has the potential to bring millions of plants into being, given enough time. Each season, a single seed planted can result in hundreds, thousands and even millions of seeds in some plants by harvest time. All from ONE SEED!
Kind of a big deal, seeds are the keys to providing your body with excellent nutrition.
The anticipation must be eating at you… which seeds are they?!
Well, get ready… here’s the seed low-down:
- Sunflower Seeds
Sunflower seeds are nature’s solar food, they are an excellent source of vitamins and minerals. Not only are they tasty but they’re also full of extraordinary health benefits. They may be small but they are mighty!
Sunflower seeds are full of nutrients, such as:
- Vitamin E, which helps promote cardiovascular health as well as keeping your skin youthful and healthy.
- Magnesium, which is great for your heart, encourages proper bone and tooth formation, relaxes your blood vessels, improves focus, soothes aches and pains and promotes better sleep.
- Copper, which benefits your skin and hair. Your body uses copper to make melanin, a pigment protein that helps give your skin and hair their color. Copper also supports your metabolism, helping your cells produce energy.
- Essential fatty acids, particularly linoleic acid. Although many people believe that consuming fat can result in weight gain, the opposite is true of some fats; consuming healthy fats (in moderation) can actually lead to a thriving cardiovascular system and ideal body weight.
- Iron, which is essential for the proper growth and development of the human body. Iron helps metabolize proteins and plays a role in the production of hemoglobin and red blood cells, it also plays a key role in strengthening the immune system by making it strong enough to fight off infections. It can also regulate body temperature. Iron deficiency can lead to conditions such as anemia.
Who knew these tiny little seeds were so darn good for you? Like I said, mini but mighty.
- Sesame Seeds
Sesame seeds are Big Bird’s favorite. These well-known seeds are jam-packed full of nutrients that go to work throughout your body to promote overall health.
Nutrients such as:
- Sesamin and sesamolin both belong to a group of beneficial fibers called lignans, and have been shown to have a cholesterol-lowering effect. Sesamin has also been found to protect the liver from oxidative damage.
- Phytosterols, that go to work to help lower cholesterol and block cholesterol production (black sesame seeds are especially high in phytosterols).
- High fiber content which helps the intestines with elimination, easing digestive issues.
- Zinc, which helps you produce collagen, giving skin more elasticity and helping repair damaged body tissues as well as aiding digestion.
- Stress-relieving minerals magnesium and calcium, as well as the calming vitamins thiamine and tryptophan, which both help you produce serotonin. Serotonin reduces pain, improves your mood, eases anxiety and helps you to get deep and satisfying sleep.
Sesame seed fun fact: The phrase “Open Sesame”, reflects the characteristic feature of the sesame seed pod, which bursts open when it reaches maturity.
- Coriander Seeds
Coriander seeds come from the cilantro plant, which has been used in cooking and culinary practices for thousands of years, as well as in various traditional medicines. The use of coriander can be traced back to 5,000 BC, making it one of the world’s oldest spices. It has been and still is widely used as a digestive aid.
Coriander seeds contain:
- The fat-soluble vitamin and antioxidant vitamin A, which can work to protect your body from lung and cavity cancers. Antioxidants like vitamin A are also responsible for building strong bones, maintaining healthy clear skin and supporting immune function.
- Coriander contains high amounts of iron, which is known for treating and preventing anemia and other iron deficiencies, among other benefits.
- Antioxidants, which can prevent eye diseases and support cellular health.
- Calcium, which your body needs to build and maintain strong bones. Your heart, muscles and nerves also need calcium to function properly.
These seeds are as delicious as they are nutritious. Who knew cilantro was so good for you?
- Flax Seeds
Flax seeds have been consumed for about 6,000 years and may be the world’s first cultivated superfood. Some call it one of the most powerful plant foods on the planet.
These powerful plant seeds contain:
- Lignans, which have both plant estrogen and antioxidant qualities.
- Fiber. High levels of mucilage gum content which is a gel forming fiber that is water soluble and has incredible benefits for the intestinal tract.
- Flax seeds are the richest source of plant based omega-3 fatty acids, called alpha-linolenic acid (ALA), which benefits your hair and skin by providing essential fats and B vitamins which can help reduce flaking and dryness. ALA fats can also help reduce inflammation and protect the lining of the digestive tract. It can also make you feel satisfied longer after eating, promoting weight loss.
Did you know?
8th century King Charlemagne believed so strongly in the health benefits of flaxseed that he demanded his loyal subjects eat the seeds and passed laws to make sure of it.
- Pumpkin Seeds
Pumpkin spice and everything nice! Pumpkin seeds are beneficial all year round, not just during the autumn months.
- Zinc, which promotes proper functioning of the immune and digestive systems, helps to control diabetes, reduces stress, improves your metabolism and increases the rate of healing for acne and wounds.
- Magnesium, which is excellent for your heart, encourages proper bone and tooth formation, relaxes your blood vessels, improves focus and provides mental clarity, soothes aches and pains and promotes better sleep.
- Healthy fats, antioxidants and fibers, which may provide benefits for heart and liver health.
- Iron, which is essential for your blood and strengthens your immune system.
- Natural phytoestrogens and which may lead to a significant increase in good HDL cholesterol along with decreases in blood pressure, hot flashes, headaches and joint pains.
With a wide variety of nutrients, pumpkin seeds are nutritional powerhouses wrapped up in a very small package.
A pumpkin fun fact: Pumpkin seeds were discovered by archaeologists in caves in Mexico that date back to 7,000 B.C.
The Five Seed Fusion
So, what would you get if you combined these 5 seeds? The mightiest seed fusion on the market. The seeds work together in perfect harmony combining their individual benefits for a unique blend. Imagine the benefits of these seeds all in a single oil. An exclusive 5 seed oil blend.
Perfect Press® Five Seed Blend is the most effective way to get a powerful dose of ALL of the natural health benefits of these 5 special seeds and the oils that are extracted. Every drop is loaded with functional foundational nutrients from a broad spectrum of Mother Nature’s most powerful plants.
Every bottle of our premium Five Seed Blend is Perfectly Pressed™ from nothing but the highest quality seeds on the planet. We source our seeds from across the globe to ensure that every drop of oil that enters your body is the best in the world. This oil is pressed from the purest, non-GMO, certified organic seeds found anywhere. Natural whole body nourishment has never been more simple. Taking just one tablespoon gives you more balanced nutrition than most people get in a day.