A Berry Delicious Smoothie
Start your morning off right. This smoothie recipe is so packed full of nutrition, it’ll give you a serious boost.. and who doesn’t enjoy a crisp and refreshing fruit smoothie?
This recipe is a surefire way to feel great, long after you finish the last sip. You can almost taste the benefits!
Triple-Berry Kale Smoothie
1 dropper-full of Oceans Alive Marine Phytoplankton
1 tsp flaxseed oil
1 cup organic kale (fresh or frozen)
1 cup organic unsweetened milk kefir
1 cup frozen berry blend (blueberries, blackberries, raspberries)
Blend and enjoy!
Here’s the lowdown on the ingredients and their main health benefits:
- Oceans Alive is full of minerals and nutrients, such as vitamins B6, B12, C and E, as well as zinc and riboflavin, among many more. Many of the minerals and vitamins your body needs to function at its best. Oceans Alive supports mental clarity, improves your digestion and boosts energy levels. It also stabilizes blood sugar levels and normalizes cholesterol.
- Flaxseed oil is rich in omega-3 fatty acids which can reduce the risk of heart disease, stroke, diabetes, inflammation and even cellular damage. It’s effective in alleviating symptoms associated with immune disorders as well as arthritis and psoriasis. Try Perfect Press® Flaxseed Oil for 100% organic Perfectly Pressed™ flax seeds. Perfect Press Technology™ ensures zero-rancidity and maximum nutritional value.
- Milk kefir is a fermented beverage, similar to yogurt. It is high in nutrients and a very good source of probiotics, making it incredibly beneficial for digestion and gut health. Kefir can assist in restoring the balance of friendly bacteria within the gut, which is useful if you have irritable bowel syndrome or other digestive issues.
- Kale is high in vitamin C (for immune support, metabolism and hydration), vitamin A (good for vision, skin health and assists in cancer prevention) and calcium, which aids in the prevention of bone loss and prevents osteoporosis. It is also high in vitamin K, which increases calcium absorption and supports bone health. Check out the recent blog post about our favorite green superfoods for more on kale and its cousins.
- Berries are not only delicious, they’re also rich in antioxidants. We recommend using a frozen berry blend during the winter months to ensure the quality of the berries.
This is just the first of many tasty recipes to come from Activation Kitchen. Stay tuned for more in the coming weeks!