Chocolate Avocado Pudding
This is our favorite kind of sweet treat. Equal parts creamy deliciousness and healthy nutrition!
It’s quick and easy to whip up, but even the time it takes to blend will have you drooling with anticipation.
If you’d like a free, printable card for this recipe, click the button below:
Let’s get started:
- 1 1/2 ripe California avocados, peeled and pitted
- 1/3 cup quality organic cocoa powder (made from 100% pure cacao)
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup or raw honey
- 1/4 cup organic coconut milk
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp flax oil
- Raspberries and mint leaves for garnish
- Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Garnish with raspberries and mint before serving.
A few benefits of these delicious ingredients:
- Avocados: These creamy, satisfying fruits are very high in healthy fats, including oleic acid (a.k.a. omega-9), which can reduce inflammation. They also contain significant amounts of vitamins B5, B6, C, E and K and are high in potassium, which can balance blood pressure levels, reduce the risk of heart attack and stroke, and improve kidney health.
- Cocoa powder: Calcium and potassium are among the nutrients present in cocoa powder, in addition to plenty of antioxidants. Cocoa can help to lower bad cholesterol levels, reduce the risk of clogged arteries and balance blood pressure.
- Raw honey: This “liquid gold” is used in many natural healing solutions, such as cough suppressants and sleep aids as it has antioxidant and antibacterial properties. It also supports your immune system.
- Coconut milk: Wholesome and delicious, coconut milk is high in fiber, and contains vitamins B1, B3, B5, B6, C and E, in addition to minerals such as selenium, iron, calcium, magnesium and phosphorous.
- Flaxseeds are one of nature’s most powerful sources of nutrition. Panaseeda Flax Oil contains essential omega-3 fatty acids, which are essential to health. It supports the cardiovascular system and the digestive system, as well as eye health and blood sugar balance. It even maintains healthy hormonal balance.
- Raspberries: Always a favorite, these tart and tasty berries possess antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, making them great for weight loss, immune system support and even pain relief. They are also high in potassium and other minerals, making them great for controlling heart rate and managing blood pressure.
- Mint: Mint can offer relief from indigestion and inflammation as well as nausea and headaches. It can also stimulate digestive enzymes that can help you to lose weight.
UPDATE (10/24/16): We just got a call from a customer who tells us that she has been making this pudding recipe every day since we posted it back in June! She said that she adds Oceans Alive to her pudding for the added nutrition. The pudding completely hides the ‘fishy’ taste. Thanks Janet!
We’ve got lots of great recipes cooking in the Activation Kitchen. Click here to see them all!