Why Choose an Oil Blend?
When you blend up a smoothie, you’re blending a handful of nutritious ingredients like fruits, vegetables, yogurt and more together.
Those ingredients are great on their own, sure. Blending them into a smoothie, though, is a quick and easy way to get a large number of vitamins, minerals, protein and healthy fats all at once in one easy to make, easy to take meal. Plus, the combination of those ingredients can actually make them more nutritious than they would be on their own (check out our post on fat-soluble vitamins for more on that).
Smoothies aren’t the only things that can pack quite the nutritional punch when combined, though.
When it comes to using seed oils for your health, we often find ourselves focused on single seed options. Coriander, flaxseed, sunflower seed, sesame seed and pumpkin seed oils can all provide your body with a wide range of benefits when you take them individually.
But just like a smoothie, blending a variety of seed oils into one mixture can actually do a lot of good, especially for someone who isn’t up for taking four or five servings of oils each day.
Perfect Press® Five Seed Blend not only gets you the whole range of benefits that black sesame, coriander, flax, sunflower and pumpkin seed oils each have to offer on their own, but studies have shown that some of these seed oils work together synergistically, allowing you to get more out of some of them than you would if you took them on their own.
Coriander and Flax
You may not know this, but flax and coriander seed oils can work together, so you’ll get more out of the flax oil than you would if you took it on its own.
A study done on fish by Canadian Science Publishing (NRC Research Press) is a great example of how these two seed oils can work together.
In the study, fish fed coriander oil were able to absorb significantly more omega–3s from their diets. “Their research showed that coriander-fed fish had increased concentrations of EPA and DHA in the whole fillet. They also found that there were no negative effects on the health or growth of the fish.”
Since flax oil is a great source of omega-3s and coriander oil allows for increased absorption of omega–3s, the pairing of these two seed oils in Five Seed Blend gets you the most out of the omega–3s in the flax.
Flax isn’t the only source of omega fatty acids, though.
The omega fatty acids you need
The great thing about a seed oil blend like Five Seed is that you can get all of the omega fatty acids your body needs in one bottle. A variety of oils in our blend provide omega–3s and the equally essential omega–6s, while the coriander helps you absorb them better.
It can be hard to get the right amount of omega fatty acids in your diet, particularly when it comes to the ratio of omega–3s and –6s. The interaction of pumpkin and flax in your Five Seed can make it a lot easier to properly balance those fatty acids.
One teaspoon of pumpkin seed oil has about 3 grams of healthy omega–6s, while one teaspoons of flax oil has about 2.5 grams of omega–3. The recommended ratio is about 4:1, omega–6 to omega–3 but most people get way more omega–6s than –3s and they usually get them from less healthy sources, like processed foods.
By cutting out unhealthy sources of omega–6s and then adding Five Seed Blend to your day, you can start to rebalance in the direction of increased omega–3s and decreased omega–6s, while still ensuring that you are getting both every day from a clean, healthy source.
Wider variety of benefits
Another good reason to blend? Instead of focusing on just one set of benefits, you’ll be able to get the benefits of all five oils in one single spoonful.
Let’s break down the primary benefits of each oil in Five Seed Blend:
- Black sesame seed oil: Black sesame seed oil aids digestion and helps maintain strong bones. One of the more unique benefits associated with black sesame seed oil is its anti-aging power, due to the fact that these seeds are rich in vitamin B and iron.
- Coriander seed oil: Coriander seed oil can support your gut health, help keep your cholesterol balanced, boost your immune system and support healthy vitamin D levels. Taking coriander oil promote smoother, more elastic skin, boost your mood and even relieve pain caused by inflammation.
- Sunflower seed oil: One of the biggest benefits of sunflower seed oil is its ability to support your heart because it contains health-boosting essential fatty acids, which support a healthy cholesterol balance. This oil also can support your immune system, increase your energy levels, improve your skin and reduce inflammation.
- Pumpkin seed oil: This oil has strong antioxidant properties, more than any other vegetable oil on the market. Not only that, but pumpkin seed oil supports your organs, has high quantities of phytosterols for heart health, protects the prostate and can even strengthen the muscles that support your bladder and reduce bladder irritation.
- Flax seed oil: Flax seed oil can be a valuable support in any weight loss journey, help maintain healthy blood sugar levels and can prevent free radical damage. It also does wonders for hair and skin, while easing joint and muscle discomfort.
That’s a lot of benefits in one bottle! Using this blend can get you all of them in one simple step.
As with any supplement, it’s important to put only top quality oils into your body. Our Perfect Press® Five Seed Blend is made using organic, non-GMO seeds, pressed using our Perfect Press Technology. Perfect Press means no heat, friction or oxidation. Using this method means the nutritional properties of the seeds remain fully intact.