How to Give Mom the Best Mother’s Day Ever
It’s Mother’s Day this Sunday! Are you prepared? Have you got the gift, the breakfast, the special dinner, the elaborate planning all set to go?
I guess you thought you’d do the same thing you do every year, grab her a bouquet of grocery store gardenias on the way home from work Friday night? Bribe the kids into burning some toast and stealing flowers from the neighbors’ backyards?
I mean, let’s be honest, she’s the best mother in the world, so she’ll be gracious and understanding no matter what nonsense you sling at her. But don’t you think she deserves better? Wouldn’t it be nice to make this year’s Mother’s Day really special?
Well Activation Products has got your back. We’ve put together an easy list of DIY projects and recipes to shower the mother in your life with love. (And moms, if you’re reading this, feel free to leave this out somewhere really visible so your partner or child will see it and be inspired).
It wouldn’t be Mother’s Day without breakfast in bed. And it’s nice to show Mom you’ve been listening when she begged you to eat just a little bit healthier. It’s easy peasy with these recipes.
- 2 cups of rolled oats
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 ¼ cups milk (this can be dairy, almond, cashew, or any other milk of your choice)
- 3 tablespoons natural peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon raw, organic honey
- 1 large egg (or egg replacement of your choice)
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- Pinch of salt
How to Make:
- Combine all ingredients in a blender
- Blend until everything is mixed
- Heat butter or oil in a pan
- Spoon pancake mixture onto pan. Wait until bubbles appear, then flip (pancake should be golden brown)
- Brown on the other side
- Cover with maple syrup, jam, whipped cream, berries, or any other topping of your choice
Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie Bowl
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 banana, sliced
- 1 cup kale or spinach
- ½ cup ice
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons chocolate chips or cacao nibs
- 2 tablespoons granola
- 2 tablespoons chopped peanuts
How to Make:
- Blend the almond milk, half of the banana, kale/spinach, ice, peanut butter, cocoa powder, and maple syrup until smooth
- Transfer mixture to a bowl
- Top with cacao nibs or chocolate chips, granola, peanuts, and the other half of the banana
It’s the day we show Mom we love her with our words, actions, and with tangible tokens of our affection. It is gift giving time. But fear not! There is no need for these to be expensive, or time consuming, or complicated. Googling “Mother’s Day DIY gifts” will bring you literally thousands of ideas, but here’s two to get you started.
Floral Herbal Tea
Note: Feel free to swap out our suggested florals for your own favorites
- 10 tablespoons dried organic rose petals
- 10 tablespoons dried organic chamomile flowers
- 6 tablespoons dried organic lavender buds
- 5 tablespoons dried organic mint leaves
- 5 tablespoons dried organic green tea leaves (optional, if you want the blend to be caffeinated)
How to Make
- Combine all ingredients
- When preparing the tea, steep about one tablespoon in one cup of boiling water for about five minutes (or longer if you like strong tea)
- Strain and serve with honey if desired
Want to get even more flowers into your regular diet? Check out our blog post on 9 flowers you can eat and their surprising health benefits.
DIY Colander Planter
- A colander (Find a colorful one, or spray paint it a color of your choice. Note: it must have handles)
- Sturdy twine or rope
- Sheet moss
- Potting soil
- A plant of your choice
How to Make:
- Wrap one of the handles in about 1.5 feet of twine (wrap tightly so there are no gaps)
- Once the handle is covered, tie off and add some glue at the ends to secure
- Tie a foot of twine and the end of each handle (this is how the planter will hang)
- Repeat the entire process with the other handle
- Line the colander with the sheet moss
- Fill with potting soil and plant your plants
- Tie the four lengths of twine together and hang
An evening of relaxation
We’ll leave it up to you to spend the day how you like. Consider a family walk, a lunchtime picnic, an afternoon at the movies, board games, or anything else special for your family to do together. But when it comes to the evening, we suggest giving Mom some time just for herself (something in short supply, when you’re a mother). How about a relaxing bath? Set her up with candles, soft music, and of course chocolate is always welcome. Throw in this easy DIY bath bomb, and you’ve got the perfect end to the perfect Mother’s Day.
DIY Bath Bomb
- 6 ounces baking soda
- 3 ounces cornstarch
- 3 ounces citric acid
- 3 ounces epsom salts
- 1 tablespoon oil of choice (we suggest coconut or olive)
- 2 teaspoons water
- 20 drops essential oil of your choice (we love lavender, rose, citrus, or sage)
- Optional: dried herbs or flowers (consider ginger, roses, lavender)
How to Make:
- Combine all dry ingredients and mix well to remove any lumps (you may need to use a whisk)
- Mix all wet ingredients in a separate bowl (if using coconut oil, you may need to heat it to make it truly liquid)
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients a few drops at a time. Mix gently with a spoon or with your hands
- The mixture should be able to hold together without falling apart. If it’s crumbly, add a little bit more water
- Push mixture into round molds, muffin tins, or other container, pressing firmly
- Leave in the mold for 24 to 48 hours, until dry
Congratulations! You are now equipped to have the best Mother’s Day ever. It’s so important to celebrate the amazing women doing amazing jobs of raising children.
Here at Activation, we’re celebrating Mother’s Day with a sale of products that do as much as mothers do. We rounded up our hardest working superfoods and gave them a great discount so that you can take care of the person who takes care of everyone else.
This recipe is locked
Share This Post to Unlock the Content!