Level Up: Power Pudding [VIDEO]
Our friend Jeanette Sousa is a serious health enthusiast. She recently shared a video in which she shows us how easy it is to use your Oceans Alive in the kitchen. In her delicious recipe for ‘Power Pudding’, she uses Oceans Alive Marine Phytoplankton and some other superfoods to ramp up the nutrition.
Let’s talk about the health benefits of Jeanette’s Power Pudding…
- Avocado. These creamy, satisfying fruits contain significant amounts of vitamins B5, B6, C, E and K and are high in potassium, which can balance blood pressure levels, reduce the risk of heart attack and stroke and improve kidney health. Avocados are very high in healthy fats, including oleic acid (a.k.a. omega–9), which can reduce inflammation and help your body absorb fat-soluble vitamins.
- Maple Syrup is a good replacement for refined sugar as it raises blood sugar levels more slowly than sugar and is high in minerals and antioxidants.
- Oceans Alive is full of minerals and nutrients, such as vitamins B6, B12, C and E, as well as zinc, riboflavin and many more. Oceans Alive boosts mental clarity, improves your digestion and boosts energy levels. Plus, it stabilizes blood sugar and normalizes cholesterol.
- Cacao. Calcium, potassium and plenty of antioxidants are among the nutrients in cacao powder. Cacao can help to lower bad cholesterol levels and balance blood pressure.
- Mesquite is a type of tree. Its seed pods can be ground into meal that is gluten-free and tastes like caramel. GreenBlender.com tell us that mesquite has a “high solute fiber content, meaning that unlike traditional white flours or sugars, it won’t cause blood sugar spikes, and will actually help you feel fuller for longer. Because of its low glycemic index number (25), mesquite is a great alternative to regular sweeteners in baked goods and other foods.” It’s also a source of potassium, magnesium, calcium, iron and zinc.
- Ashwagandha. Dr. Edward Group of the Global Healing Centre describes this powerful superfood: “also known as Indian ginseng, [ashwagandha] is an Ayurvedic herb commonly used in traditional Indian medicine. Investigations into the herb’s powerful effects on the body have sparked an explosion of interest, and research has reported exciting potential for human health, specifically its effects on mental, physical, and emotional health.” Dr. Group goes on to list the following health benefits: improved memory, menopausal support, increased fertility, sexual potency, improved energy, mood elevation and graceful aging.
- Fresh-pressed orange juice is great for your immune system! When you have a cold or want to avoid getting sick, enjoy some orange juice. The folks at OrganicFacts.com explain the secret behind this immunity fruit: “Oranges and orange juice have long been known as a powerhouse of healing properties, and one of the richest sources of vitamin-C that you can add to a diet. A single service of orange juice has more than 200% of the vitamin C requirement of the body.”
- Bee pollen boosts your immune system and your energy levels. It can help with weight loss as it encourages your body to burn fat, but it’s also high in protein, iron and vitamins that encourage muscle building. It’s a natural antihistamine, so it relieves allergies too.
- Hemp seeds are an excellent source of omega fatty acids and vitamin E, making it great for heart health, brain health and for your skin and hair. It’s a great source of digestible protein and provides an energy boost that gives you more stamina throughout your day.
Do you have recipes that you use to make taking your supplements more enjoyable?
Tell us about them in the comments!
Share This Post to Unlock the Recipe