A No-Heat Meal
Folks, it is summer, and it is hot. And when it is hot outside, no one wants to be spending time standing over a hot stove. Even if you have air conditioning (which I do not) there’s something about knowing it’s 99 degrees in the shade that makes soups and stews unappealing.
Fortunately, this is also a time when fruits and veggies are at their peak deliciousness, and there are lots of no-heat meal options you can explore to get all the flavor with none of the sweat.
Appetizer: Tomato, Avocado and Cucumber Salad
- 2 avocados, pitted and diced
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ red onion, sliced thin
- 1 cucumber, diced
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Perfect Press® Five Seed Blend oil
How to make:
Combine avocados, cherry tomatoes, red onion, and cucumber in a bowl.
Squeeze lime juice over ingredients.
Drizzle with Five Seed Blend oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Main Course: Avocado Pesto Zucchini Pasta
- 3 medium to large zucchinis (cut into noodles with a spiralizer or ribbons with a peeler)
- 3 ripe avocados, peeled and pitted
- 1 heaping cup loosely packed fresh basil
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons crumbled goat cheese
- 2 cloves garlic
- water, as needed
How to Make:
- Salt zucchini noodles generously and place them in a strainer over a bowl. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Blend avocado, basil, olive oil, lemon juice, goat cheese, and lemon in a food processor until smooth. Add water until you get a sauce-like, pourable consistency.
- Rinse the zucchini noodles and squeeze gently to remove excess water.
- Fold the avocado pesto gently into the noodles until well coated. Serve immediately, cold.
Dessert: Yummy Cherry-Nut Bar
- 1 cup dried cherries (organic, if possible)
- 1 cup shelled pistachios
- 1 cup dates, softened
- 1-2 tsp Perfect Press® Flax Oil
How to Make:
Put the cherries, pistachios and dates into a food processor. Pulse. When the pieces start to break down, set it to blend. Leave it for 60-90 seconds, or until everything starts to come together.
Move the mixture to a bowl, add the oil and then work the mixture with your hands to ensure it’s all mixed together properly and there are no big chunks.
Line a tray with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Put your fruit and nut mixture onto the tray and press it flat across the pan. Use your hands or a glass to ensure that it is packed down well and evenly distributed.
Put the pan in the fridge to chill for 15-20 minutes.
Cut into bars or squares and enjoy!
Our oils shine in the no-heat meal world, because we actually do not recommend cooking with them ever. The high heat (when you get to the smoke point) can damage the seeds and make them go rancid much quicker. This is why your regular pressed seed oils have to go in the fridge, by the way. They’ve been damaged in the pressing process, and are well on their way to being rancid by the time you get them. But at Activation Products, we use a no-heat, no-friction pressing process to Perfectly Press all our seeds. So when you buy our Perfect Press® Flax Oil, you know you’re getting the best.
This recipe is locked
Share this post to unlock the content!