Power Bowl for Your Heart [Video]
How healthy was your last meal?
Many people think eating clean will be boring, but with the right recipe, it’s just the opposite.
This delicious power bowl recipe is both nutritious and delicious. It’s also very hearty and filling, and won’t take you long to prepare. It’s got lots of great stuff in it, including protein to keep you feeling satisfied and a mix of flavors and textures that make it a pleasure to eat.
To start, gather the following ingredients:
- 1 sweet potato
- coconut oil
- a pinch of turmeric
- sea salt, to taste
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and cubed
- ½ cup cooked quinoa
- organic vegetable broth (optional)
- A handful of arugula
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- one egg
For the dressing:
- 1 tbsp Panaseeda Sunflower Oil
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- ½ tsp grainy mustard
- Pinch of sea salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- Cube the sweet potato. Toss with a little coconut oil (melt it first if it’s solid) and sprinkle with sea salt and turmeric. Lay the pieces out on a baking sheet and roast at 400° F for about 30 minutes until cooked through.
- Cook quinoa according to package directions in either water or vegetable broth. Let is cool for 10 minutes or so.
- Put arugula in a large bowl, top with sweet potato, tomatoes, quinoa and avocado.
- Whisk dressing ingredients together in a small bowl and pour over top.
- Poach an egg and place it on top. Sprinkle with salt & pepper to taste.
Instead of quinoa, you can use cooked amaranth or brown rice.
Instead of arugula, you can use baby spinach.
If you want a little crunch, you can sprinkle hulled sunflower seeds over the bowl.
Have you ever been so excited to eat healthy?
Now that we’ve piqued your interest, let’s talk how this power bowl will help your heart.
- Sweet potatoes contain potassium which can help to lower blood pressure and regulate your heartbeat. They also provide you with vitamin A from beta-carotene. Sweet potatoes are also good sources of vitamin C, manganese, copper, fiber and vitamins B1, B2, B3 and B6.
- Coconut oil is high in healthy saturated fat and can help to balance your cholesterol and blood pressure levels. It’s also linked with weight loss, since it encourages your body to burn fat.
- Turmeric is a powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant and improves heart health by lowering LDL cholesterol, improving blood circulation and combating oxidative stress.
- Avocado is a healthy source of fat that can help to protect you from cardiovascular disease. The vitamin E and potassium in avocados also contribute to heart health. Avocados encourage healthy weight loss and improve digestion.
- Quinoa is a protein-rich food that also contains manganese, iron, magnesium, lysine and vitamin B2. It benefits your heart by helping to lower cholesterol.
- Arugula contains vitamins B and K, which are beneficial for your heart, are required for proper calcium absorption and help to regulate your metabolism. It’s also a great source of antioxidants and minerals.
- Eggs are a great source of protein and contain vitamins A, B2, B6, B12, D, E and K. They also contain selenium, zinc, iron, copper and lecithin. They are a healthy source of fat.
- Garlic has antiviral, antibacterial and antifungal properties and is known to help boost your immune system. Garlic can do wonders for your heart, as it helps to balance blood pressure and cholesterol levels, improve blood flow and reduce buildup in your arteries. It also helps to encourage natural detoxification and fights harmful inflammation throughout your body.
- Sea Salt is a healthy source of minerals, including sodium. It helps to balance your electrolytes, lower blood pressure and strengthen bones. It also improves blood circulation and hydration.
- Pepper has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties and is a good source of dietary fiber. It helps with nutrient absorption and is a significant source of vitamin C, vitamin K, manganese, potassium and iron.
- Panaseeda™ Sunflower Oil is a clean, healthy source of omega–6 fatty acids and supports a healthy heart. Sunflower oil is a great source of antioxidants, especially vitamin E, which help to boost your immune system and are great for your skin.
As you can see, we call it a POWER bowl for a reason. This is a meal that is loaded with nutrients that will protect your heart and your overall health on many different levels.
So what do you think, will you give it a try? Do you have a similar recipe you like to use? Tell us in the comments.
This content is locked
Share this post to unlock another dressing option